We welcome anyone involved in the development of a River Conservation Plan or anyone interested in watershed conservation to offer comments and feedback on the implementation of the recommendations of any plan. To do so follow these steps…
- Find the name of the watershed you’re interested in from the list to the right under the heading “Plan Documents.”
- After clicking on the name, such as “Tulpehocken,” you’ll see a list of a few to several dozen management options or recommendations documented in the River Conservation Plan. If you’d like to review the whole plan document, visit http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/brc/rivers/riversconservation/registry/.
- Click on one of the recommendations and share your thoughts. Perhaps you’ll want to offer an update of what you’ve been doing in support of this recommendation. Enter your comments in the box, along with your name and email address. Emails are required, but are not shared with or sold to anyone.
- Rate the recommendation according to the 5 star scale, 5 stars for exceptional recommendations that deserve the most attention from communities and conservationists.
- Search for similar recommendations based on the list of tags to the right. For instance, clicking on the tag called “streambank stabilization,” will show the recommendations from any plan in the state that makes this suggestion.
- Read others’ comments to see what people are saying about other plans.
Once you’ve made some comments, check back to see what others have said. And of course, keep us updated on your progress on any of the recommendations.
Thanks for sharing your progress and your thoughts!